Rocky Mountain Fire is the only department in the county that provides birthday parties for its residents. With many requests and a limited amount of time, the department must limit the parties to families who reside within the district. There is no charge for the party, however donations are accepted. We host parties at fire stations 1, 5, and 6. To see our locations, click here. Please read the How it Works section below to get further party details and the the Rules and Regulations to ensure a safe and fun event. An agreement must be signed on or before the date of the event. To request a birthday party, click the button below.
how it works
We provide the space in the engine bay. We set up tables and chairs for the estimated number of people. The maximum number of children is 20 with a minimum of 1 adult for every 5 children.
The time allowed is 2.5 hours. This includes your set up, decorating, and take down time. It is suggested you invite your guests 15 to 30 minutes after the beginning of your time slot to allow you adequate time to set up. The tables will be set up prior to your arrival and we will put them away at the end. Bring any food and ice cream in coolers as we cannot provide freezers or refrigeration. Pizza can be delivered to the station during the party if desired. All parties must be concluded by 6:00 PM.
You can bring piñatas as long as you bring your own rope to hang it with.
Our firefighters can provide an age-specific safety talk and presentation if desired. Truck and station tours can also be given.
We really enjoy doing these parties and appreciate your interest in our department. We are always looking for opportunities to educate and meet our constituents!
Rules and Regulations
- Birthday parties are scheduled for 2-1/2 hour blocks. Please arrive at your scheduled time. Schedule the start of your party to include time for set up and tear down. Birthday parties are limited to in-district residents/property owners only.
- No more than 1 event requiring crew interaction will be scheduled at any one station per day (including Community Room meetings).
- Decorations are allowed, subject to the approval of the District. Decorations must be removed and disposed of immediately following the event by the host.
- Host agrees to provide adult supervision to monitor children at all times, with a minimum ratio of 1 adult per 5 children.
- Guests must be supervised by Fire District personnel while in or on fire apparatus.
- A maximum of 20 children are allowed at a birthday party.
- The host will provide all food. Fire District kitchens and refrigerators are not available for food preparation or storage. Host is responsible for clean up.
- Be aware that the crew is on duty and has to respond to emergencies even though a party is in progress. If the crew has to leave, most times the party may continue. The crew might return shortly depending on the nature of the call, however might be away for the rest of the party. Participants may have to leave the building immediately depending on the current National Security Threat Level.
- The District is not liable for any injuries to persons or damage to property belonging to those attending birthday parties. Children under the age of four are not allowed on the children's fire pole. No child will use the fire pole without direct supervision by Fire District personnel.
- Any damage caused during the event is the responsibility of the individual signing this agreement.
- Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, firearms, and weapons are prohibited on Fire District property. Smoking is prohibited inside all District property and used smoking materials must be disposed of in an appropriate container not discarded on Fire District property.