Join Our team
Seasonal Position from approximately April-November (Open until Filled)
The position of Wildland Crew Member requires extensive training in responding to, combating, extinguishing, preventing fires and performing rescue work. The individual will be required to learn and participate in the performance of tasks in emergency situations, which may require strenuous exertion in difficult terrain and inclement weather. The job requires the individual to complete a basic training program, learn all streets, trails, fire roads and water supply resources in the District and operate fire/rescue apparatus under emergency situations in adverse weather and traffic conditions. The Wildland Crew Member will also help procure and maintain wildland equipment, supplies, and apparatus.
Employment and Position Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License.
- Have proof of driving insurance.
- Must meet minimum standard guidelines, i.e. criminal/driving history.
- Successfully complete the District’s testing/selection process.
- NWCG; FFT2
- Must meet minimum annual fitness of NWCG arduous physical requirement.
- Meet minimum annual fitness level as required by Rocky Mountain Fire District
Hourly $13.50 - $18.00
$200 Monthly Healthcare Stipend (during 30-week season)
To Apply please complete the application and submit to email@example.com or submit in person to RMF Station 6.